I have been asked why I choose to put my tree up so early, last year I had it decorated the first of October. I will tell the story:
Growing up my dad was pretty much a scrooge when it came to the Christmas tree and (forgive me dad) a little bit of a tight wad. I remember one Christmas when he wouldn't let my mom get a tree so he bribed us all that if we would wait until the night before Christmas "we could all get a tree and it would be free" so we piled into the car (Christmas Eve when the tree lots were deserted and all the trees were free) and went to the tree lot and brought home 6 trees, one for each of us. I don't remember decorating them (mom probably decorated the one she put in the frontroom for the presents) but each of us had a tree of our very own!!! I have to admit it has been one of my favorite memories of my childhood! The rest of the time he wanted mom to wait until the last minute to put up the tree so as I remember we only had the tree up for a couple of weeks at the most. I remember one year she came home with a pink flocked tree. Dad LOVED that one!!!!!! NOT, he still gives her crap about her pink flocked tree.
I guess my thoughts are that if I am going to go to that much trouble and time I want to enjoy it for as long as possible. Last year I put it up early and didn't take it down until the middle of January, which is a record for me! Usually it's down before the new year. And I have enough room in my house it isn't in the way at all. My family gives me a little heartburn about it but I really think that secretly they love it too!
And here are my alpine trees all decorated. I didn't know how to turn the flash off so it isn't a great picture, much prettier in person. Maybe when Robin comes for our cookie swap she will take some nicer ones for me.
Close up- I love it!

I love my tree.

3 comments:
Those pics are good BUT it is MUCH MUCH Prettier in person you should all come see it! We do love it too. JES
Beautiful tree! I love coming to your house at Christmas because it's just so beautiful!
You have a beautiful tree. I put mine up yesterday! I love Christmas!
Post a Comment