Monday, December 14, 2009

Change is in the Air

Yesterday was a bittersweet day for the Ririe Stake. Our Stake Presidency was released and we are now blessed with a new one. Its funny how you grow to love these men! Our new stake presidency consists of three wonderful men we have known for a long time. Boyd Foster ( we rented a home from them when we first moved to Ririe. FUNNY STORY ABOUT HIM: you may remember this, one day I got home to the old rock house at the end of Birch Creek and there was one of the Fosters mexicans out in my yard telling me something so I went into the back yard to find that there was a weasel chewing on a rat on my pump house roof. So I ran into the house and got the shot gun and proceeded to chase the weasel around the house and shot at it but missed. I get around the front of the house to find Boyd running toward me, so I tell him what I did and he says, " Oh my gosh, I thought you shot my Mexican." Ha Ha, I bet he doesn't remember that story!!!! ) Then the 1st councelor is Larry Stucki, who was our last Bishop and his precious daughter was one of my Laurels!!!! Love that man!!!! And then the 2nd councelor is non other that our old neighbor, Mark Lovell. I have a tremendous amount of love and respect for each of these wonderful men.
Then last night I was made aware that our Young Womens presidency is being released. Very sad, but a relief at the same time. The last 6 months have been very stressful and my calling was suffering. Now I will just wait to see what is in store for me now.

No comments: