I had the privilege of going out to Nashville again for a week to visit with Christine and her kids, Darin was out of town all week. (I got to sleep in the bed instead of the couch, thanks Darin). I flew out of Boise on May 22 and returned on May 30. We had such a great time. The kids got out of school the day after I got there so we didn't do much of anything. Took the kids swimming in the community swimming pool, we went in swim suits once and I got burned in an hour and a half!!!! We went to my favorite restaurant, Monells, downtown Nashville. ITS WONDERFUL!!!!!! Good old fashioned Southern Home Cookin!!!!! AMAZING
We went shopping one day and went to the Bluebird for some Country Music. They invited 4 singer, songwriters to come talk about their songs and sing. It was also AMAZING~!~! and so much fun. I think that was my highlight! Danny Flowers, James House, Gordon Kennedy and Ricky Ray Rector. They each have some Very Big Hits that other people made famous. Livin on Tulsa Time, Danny Flowers; Change the World, made famous by Eric Clapton, Gordon Kennedy; Stand Up, Ricky Ray; In a Week or Two, James House, made famous by Diamond Rio. They all have lots more hits but it was and amazing experience to sit there 3 feet away from them and listen to them all sing and play guitar.
We just had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment