Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 2013

Life is so busy since Dad passed away,  I split my time between home and Mom's house.
Mom stayed with us most of December.  She went home on the 27th.  I went back over on the 7th of January.  Mom has surgery on her eyes to raise her lids.  She was seeing through slits.  We had that done and a week later she had her follow up appointment and we came back home to get ready for Curtis' wedding.  Dave and Audrey Ross came with dinner the night of her surgery....it was WONDERFUL.  He had made this soup called Zuppa Toscana Soup:   It was to good I am going to print the recipe for you.....

Zuppa Toscana Soup   ( sausage and potato)
1 -1/2 cups spicy Italian sausage links
2 or 3 medium potatoes cut in chunks
3/4 c diced onion
6 slices bacon
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 c kale leaves, washed, dried and shredded
2 TBSP Chicken stock
1 qt water
1/3 c heavy whipping cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 and place sausage links on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until done.  Cut links into half lenghtwise and then slice on an angle into 1/2 inch sliced
Place onions and bacon in pan and cook over med heat until onions are almost clear, remove bacon adn crumble then set aside.
Add garlic to onions and cook and additional 4 minutes.
Add Chicken stock , potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and cream,  and simmer 2 minutes and serve!


The best soup I have ever tasted!!!!!  He had also made a wonderful loaf of grain bread that was to die for.
They are such wonderful people.  I just love them.




The weather was really cold in Middleton and the frost was absolutely beautiful most mornings I was there.  So I took some pictures.







Its always so nice to come home!

No comments: