Thursday, April 17, 2014
The broken lamp
So I felt like an idiot!!! The second night we were here I whacked the bottom edge of the lamp shade and it BROKE!! I stewed and fretted about it all night. Even dreamed about it! The next morning I went up and told our host and he came down and looked ar it. There was a washer thing missing firm under where the screw tightened is that makes it stable and he asked where it was. I told him it was never there, I had not taken the screw fastener off the top as the glass broke out a huge hole in the top and I could just lift the shade off through the break. We looked at the one on Jes' side if the bed and it had one so he sait e lamp was defective. He said he would take it back that he had just bought them for 65.00 each ( made me feel so much better I thought it might be an antique!!! So when we got back from the tulip fields ( we bought 2 bouquets of tulips and brought back for the house) I went to ask him how much I owed him for the lamp, he said nothing, it was defective! He said he took it back handed it to the lady and she asked where is the washer part..........he said it her "exactly". She took to in the back and brought out a new one! I felt much better. I had noticed when we first got there how wobbly the shade was, I am just glad it was warrantied,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment