This was the last trip of the year to the cabin. Usually in August we all take a week and spend it at the cabin with mom so she gets at least 3 good weeks there. This year there was a really bad fire and after her first week Dave brought her home and we sat on pins and needles for the next month to see where the fire was going. We kept close contact with Bob and Naomi and luckily it didn't get more that about 30 miles from the cabins but the smoke was horrible a lot of the time. So I felt like she needed to go one more time. So she and I got all packed and went back, I was going to let her have some alone time at her cabin so when we got there I dropped her off and got her settled and I went over to the kids cabin. What a lonely day and night!! The next day the walkie talkies weren't working properly so she wanted me to come over so I cleaned up the cabin and packed up and went over to her cabin and we stayed the rest of the week. She was very emotional leaving as she always is. I think she always wonders if that is the last time she would be there. Makes me cry. But we had a wonderful week and saw lots of wildlife. There was the biggest raccoon in the yard one morning but he took off before I could get a picture of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment