Monday, November 21, 2016

Mom has another Angioghram

Mom has been slowly getting weaker each day and when she had her appointment in October with her heart DR he scheduled and Echocardiogram and a nuclear test.  When he got those results he ordered an angiogram.  She got in the prep room and her heart started acting up and her rate was as high as 177.  Three nurses were in there trying to get her heart regulated but it took over an hour for it to calm down.  I was afraid she wouldn't be able to go through the procedure.  But they got her stable enough and she went ahead and had it.  Her arteries are open but she has 2 bad valves.  We were at the Dr again for the follow up appointment yesterday and his PA ordered another test this time (like the angiogram) it will be down her esophagus to find just how bad the valves are.  Her heart is at 40% right now and as I spoke with Dave he said that if the valves need repaired or replaced that its an open heart surgery.  He also said that they may not even consider her because of the percentage of heart usage, they don't do surgery on anyone with between 35 and 40 %.  So we will wait and see what the new test shows.  Meantime I am just so grateful that we have her in our home and that the kids get to enjoy being with and loving her!
I sure not ready to let her go, but I know she is extremely tired and tired of not feeling good and just tired of fighting.  She is a trooper and she is a miracle!

No comments: