Tuesday, December 31, 2019

End of a Decade

As we close the chapter on 2019 I just want to say thanks to all my children for making their mother and dad so proud.  We all have our ups and downs but we have each others support and love through all of the curve balls this life throws our way. 


In December we had a major change in our Stake.  The boundaries were moved and it effected
every ward in our Stake except Swan Valley Ward, Jes and Kyle's ward.  We were moved to the original 1st Ward where we lived for 13 years before we moved here and into the Shelton ward.  We've been in this ward now for 16 years and have some dear friends.  Each Ward got a new name, our's is the Willow Creek Ward.  With the move Harold was released from 1st Counselor in the Bishopric and I was called to be Primary President of the new ward.  It has been scary and exciting all at once.  Harold was called as 2nd councelor in the Sunday School.  Life goes on and time marches on!  I'm wondering if this might be the end of Harold serving in the Bishopric.  Its been about 23 years since we've gotten to sit together in church with him serving in Bishiprics, or Branch Presidencies, back to Bishoprics and High Council at the University and back to Bishopric.  Its been wonderful and we've been so blessed through his service~  The Lord loves and knows us!!!




The grandkids are growing up so fast.  Such milestones!  KayLyn started dating and we added 2 babies this year for a total of 15. 

I spent most of the year, as much as possible with Harold in Afton and I even worked at the store a little.  It was hard to spend as much time as I did in the winter through the summer with all the yard work and the hip surgery but we made it work! 

With Clinton and Rachel moving back to Logan I spent almost all the time with Harold there which makes him very happy!  Hopefully here soon we can get back home for good and start thinking about serving our missions for the Lord.  This is our goal!

We love our family, we are so GRATEFUL God gave us each of our children and grandchildren!  WE are extremely blessed and KNOW from where our blessings come! 
Near the end of the year at our Stake Confrenc

No comments: