Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our little herd




I know, I know, this is old news. But we still are at awe over the little herd of elk that visited our home for 5 nights and ate all my trees to nubbins I might add. So I thought I would share pictures with you. We had quite a storm for those 5 days and the wind blew so hard and it was so dang cold. I guess they liked my grass which I left long last fall intentionally and the shield from the house. As you can see we could have reached out the windows and touched them. One night in the middle of the night I looked out my bathroom window to see if they were there and a little bull was standing so close I could have jumped on his back. It was an awesome experience for us. One of the little bulls left us a souvinier, one horn, I asked Kyle how much I could get from it if I sold it. Not much he said. It is just a little spike horn about 14 inches long. But I like it.
We would love to have them come back next year also, only leave my trees alone. Maybe we well throw them some hay!!

No comments: