Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day 2010

I was talking to my mom on the phone a week ago Sunday, and we were talking about Labor Day coming up and a lightbulb goes on above my head " How would you like some company next weekend" Mom reply's "YES".
So I took off Thursday after a meeting in Pocatello and drove to Mom and Dads. I got there about 7:30 or so and we just visited. I was really tired so I hit the sack early. Friday mom and I went SHOPPING. She has been wanting to get started on her painting again so we went to this HUGE Art store, (More like A WAREHOUSE) and she stocked up on paint supplies again! Then we went to CHeesecake Factory!!!! My favorite place to eat! It was amazing as usual and we ordered cheesecake to GO in excess to the cheesecake we ate there! Hahahaha. Then off to Archeivers (THE WORLDS BEST scrapbook store) well I am guessing, there might be another one somewhere better than Archeivers but we don't know of it yet! Then over to see Aunt Evelyn ( Uncle Vern had passed away and his funeral was the Monday before and I didn't make it.) We only visited for a little while and then back home for some relaxation. You know,,,,,, watching movies with Grandpa! (my daddy)
Saturday we took dad with us and we went to a mini Sams Club in Emmett called BuyMart
and they got a few things that were on sale of course! and then we headed to some yard sales but since it was Labor Day weekend they were crap. But oh well, the company was terrific! Then back home and later that evening I went to visit both brothers and that was nice. When we got home I asked mom if she wanted some help getting her paint room (I call it Patty's Paint Pad!) all cleaned up and organized and ready for her to get started!
Sunday, church and a nap. Dan and his family came to visit later that night.
Funny story....... mom and I decided to make a pecan pie so we got started and I asked her if she had a pie cutter. She said no and gave me some stupid biscuit cutter to use instead.....arg So then she starts taking the pecans and breaking each one up by hand.........arggg! So I got a zip lock bag out and showed her how to crush up nuts in a baggie all at once! ( I could have had a V-8 moment here) She giggles. THEN dad decides he wants a lemon pie so I get the graham crackers out and ask mom how she crushes them up.... she says "in a bowl with the bottom of a glass" HERE WE GO AGAIN...........(we bought her a really nice cuisinart about a year ago) so I SHOW HER how to crush them in that and.......drum roll.....VOILA....... 30 seconds later.......crumbs for the crust! She makes me laugh! Then we were recounting it to dad and mom gets this sheepish look on her face when telling dad about the pie cutter...... SO I started looking and in a drawer that she didn't LOOK in AND THERE WAS A STUPID PIE CUTTER .......OH MOM! you are priceless!
The only regret is that I forgot my camera and I could have taken pictures of our Kitchen experience together!!!!! I love my mommy! and my daddy!
Monday I came back home to the happy faces of my babies!!!!!! I miss them all when I am away! And my sweet husband!

No comments: