Saturday, September 1, 2012
August, Last day's with my DADDY
Then we got back to moms early Sunday morning about 3 in the morning. We got up and went to church with them and then came home had dinner with mom and dad and then Hickmans went home. We then spent the following week at the cabin with mom and dad. We had such a WONDERFUL time. On the way out of town we stopped at Winco and picked up some groceries. We got so much food. Dad kept saying, YOU DONT NEED THAT we have food up there. He kept saying we sure aren't going to starve. Then back to the pickup and off the 4 of us went. We laughed the whole way. Dad out of the blue said" and don't spend any money on an obituary" we both busted out laughing and said, dad, its free. He says, OH OK. We thought where did that come from but laughed about it just the same. We raked leaves, played cards, ate, fished, me and mom watched movies while they went fishing. WE played more cards, ate more, one time dad said we were going to die because we ate so much. He said he wouldn't have to eat for a week. We made dinner and lunch everyday for them and mom fixed us pancakes 2 times, the rest we made biscuits and gravy for them.. Dad LOVED that . We cleaned up our rakings and took them to the dump. Then one afternoon dad says, lets go for a drive. He took us up to Ten Ax, a little community above the ponds. We drove up 10 mile to the end and he talked about when he and grandpa and Uncle Ray used to hunt up there. We just talked and really enjoyed dad. He took us up to the airport and talked about camping and hunting there. Then we drove past the Ranger Station and went to a spot where we could get out of the truck and go over to the river and we walked around for about an hour there. I took some great pictures all week and I cherish the time we got to spend with mom and dad, my last week at the cabin with my daddy. We cleaned up Friday and came home. Then Harold and I went home. I was tired, had been gone for over a week already and was ready to go home and sleep in my own bed.
Monday I had knee surgery, Thursday Aubries house burned down and early Saturday morning I got a call at 2:30, my daddy had passed away. We packed and back to moms. I got here at 8 in the morning. Dan, Mike, Lou and Charlie and Riches were here. I just wanted my mommy and my DADDY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment