Sunday, September 2, 2012
Dads Funeral
Dad passed away August 25th 2012. He passed about 2:00 am. Mom woke up and saw the light in the bathroom on so she called out to him and didn't get an answer so she started to get up and turned around and saw him laying on his side on the bed and she walked around the bed and knew by looking that he was gone. She called Dan and he and Sherie came to the house to be with her. Dan called me about 2:30. We immediatly got up and started packing, left and we were there by 8. We stopped by to tell Jes and she grabbed clothes and came along with us. I was so shocked to learn of my daddys death. I thought my dad would live forever here. I am so grateful for my testimony and knowledge that we will see him again. The first thing that I thought is that he is surely having an amazing reunion with his parents, Michael Lynn, Jennifer and so many more! The scripture also came into my head that we put on the back of his service folder. "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." It explains my daddy so well.
I love him and miss him so much.
Mom asked us 4 kids to each speak at the funeral. It was hard but we are all happy to have had that opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment