Mom, Jes and I were in Boise for the Celtic Women on mom's anniversary June 6th. While we were there we went to visit Dad's grave. I looked behind his and saw a beautifully decorated grave so I went over to see who was buried there. On the headstone was a picture of a missionary with arms wide spread in front of the SLC Temple. I called Jes over and we just cried. I felt such sorrow for the family and thought I would love to write the parents but probably never would know who they are. In July, dad's headstone was delivered and we were all there to finish moving mom out of her house. We all went over to the grave and there were the Fiapai's! I went straight to them and told them of our experience at their son's grave and I just fell instantly in love with these good people from Samoa. Later Dave asked that we all kneel around dad's grave and have a family prayer. As we were kneeling I noticed the Fiapai's coming over to join our prayer. It was ABSOLUTELY wonderful. Sister Fiapai walked away and was crying and I went over to her and asked her if I could hug her. She just cried and said what a special spirit she felt during the prayer. I told her I felt that the first time I stood in front of her son's grave. The next day they had decorated Dad's grave too. What special people!!! I wish I could know them, they have such a special spirit!!! I asked them if I could take some pictures so here they are. I did get their address and have so far written one letter to them. They aren't even back to Samoa yet, so they will have a letter from the States waiting for them. Their son was in the Phillipines and was bitten by a snake. He didn't go to the Dr. but cauterized the bite with a hot knife his mother told me. The poison destroyed his heart. I understand that he was waiting for a heart transplant when he passed away. So sad! Children should outlive their parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment