Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A week in Boise

Mom and I spent a week in Boise with family and friends after Grandma Peggy's funeral. We had such a great time. Saw lots of dear friends!
We left on Wednesday night and drove to Mountain Home and got a motel room.  We went to Walmart to grab some snacks and water and went to the room and just hung out and enjoyed the quiet.  Thursday morning we got up early and got ready for the funeral and went to breakfast.  We got a text from Mike and Kathy, they were at the exit and so we had them come and eat breakfast with us.  We then went to the church and got to visit with Ron and Butch, Peggys two remaining sons.  I got to hug Shawna and Monica and talk to Butch's wife Evelyn.  I spent a lot of time with that side of the family  when Grandpa and Grandma Peggy got married.  She would get us girls together each summer for a week.  We had lots of fun together.  I have since lost contact with them after about age 16.  It was good to see both of them.  The funeral was wonderful.  It brought back so many memories for me.  I love Grandma, she was my grandma all my life.  I am grateful to her for loving me as her own granddaughter. 
We then went to Boise and met Mike and Kathy at the Cheesecake Factory.  They had never been there!  It was yummy!!!!  Then we went home with them and watched a movie.
That evening we went to stay with Dan and Sherie,  we spent the next 4 nights with them.  We had planned on just getting a hotel room, but Dan wouldn't let us!  We had a great time with them.  Friday we invited Sherie and we met Aunt Evelyn for lunch.  I wanted mom and she to have time to themselves to visit so Sherie and I got our own booth.  On the way home we called Uncle Ray and got to visit him at his new home in Star.  He then took us over to the home to see Aunt Ruby.  (she has Alzheimers) 
Sunday morning  I showed Jenna how to use hot rollers, she looked beautiful so Monday I bought her a set.  We just hung out and enjoyed their company.  We ordered pizza on Saturday from Garbonzo's (best pizza ever).  Sunday we went to moms old ward and she got lots of hugs from dear friends.   Monday I took mom for a massage and then she and I and Jenna and Sherie went to Costco and then back home.  Mom and I met Merlene and Amelia and Patty (her dear friends from the old 9th Ward in Boise) and Julie brought Merlene so we got a chance to catch up!! I had forgotten how funny she is.  She always makes me laugh!  We have been friends from birth! Literally!  Merlene  and mom were in the same hospital room after our births.  That night we went to check into the room in Boise and Harold met us there.  He had water meetings .  Tuesday we drove up Bogart Lane to see if our old house was still standing!  It is.  We drove to see if we could find Aunt Ruby and Uncle Rays place.  I think we found it but I cant be sure.  Then we drove through Eagle and Stopped at Orville Jacksons.  The wall still looks the same but it is now a resturant.  I remember when it was full of everything and anything you could possibly need and the soda fountain with the long bar and stools!  I loved that place as a kid. 
By 11 we were grabbing lunch for Lou and Charlie and heading out to their house to play cards for a few hours.   Tuesday night I met Tawna and Penny in Eagle for dinner and we visited for 3 hours!  That was such fun!!!
Wednesday we were vacationed out and ready to go home but Harold had one more meeting to go to so Mom and I went to the Mall and over to see Evelyn one more time.  Then we picked up Harold and came home.    














No comments: