Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Lightning Strikes

I was out mowing the lawn and was watching as this storm slowly rolled its way toward me.  I got done mowing and was just finishing up weed wacking when I looked up and saw this ugly black cloud but thought I might have time for 5 more minutes.  Then as I was almost done I hear this HUGE clap of thunder over the sound of the weed wacker which was already so loud.  Tex dropped to the ground and I got the eeriest feeling I've ever had and lighting struck  directly after the clap of thunder.  I hurried onto the porch and was thinking that that was close, maybe somewhere between Jes' house and ours.  The next week as I was mowing the lawn I drove past this tree and I WAS SHOCKED to find this!  There were pieces of burnt bark all over the yard up to about 50 feet from this tree.  I will never feel safe in a thunder storm again!!!  I was only about 40 yards away from this tree when it got struck!


No comments: