Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday

Thursday Aug 30.  Harold must have been home Wednesday but I don't remember him being there except for the night.  We slept in moms bed in her living room.  About 6:00 I heard her stirring.  I ran in to check and she was trying to get up to go to the bathroom..  I reminded her she just needed to get on the commode and it was really hard, she was too weak but we managed to get her on and back in the bed.   That was rough on mom but a relief on me.  She was in and out all day.   I was really upset that morning,  she was anxious and hurting and by this time I thought I better text Dan and ask them to come.  They said he couldn't come right away but they would try to come by next morning.  He called me a little later and said he squared his work away and was on his way.  We then called the other two boys and told them Dan was coming, Mike and Kathy got ready and were on their way shortly after that, Dave and Jan got there about 11:00
 The nurse came in  about 9am and got the catheter put in.  Mom was in so much discomfort that I had begun to give her morphine every 4-6 hours, which kept her asleep  most of the time. 

No comments: